Every month I acknowledge a mom who I and others consider to be a “Hot Mom.” Trust and believe these are some of the hottest mom out here. Hustlers, healers, workout gurus, stay at home, corporate ladder climbing, young, old, new school, old school, there have been a variety. I see the beauty, intellect, and greatness in them all. Today I woke up, I looked in the mirror and I thought, damn! You’re pretty hot yourself. So it’s September, it’s the anniversary of the blog, it’s only right that I claim my own hotness. For the month of September, congratulations, I, Nanekia, am the HOTTEST MOM!
What it means to be a hot mom? To me we all are hot in our own way, we set our own standard for hotness and exude whatever it may be. So, let me tell you 5 things that make me “Your Royal Hotness!”
1. I LOVE MY KIDS! Most would say that this should be a given, but I don’t see it that way. We can each go through the motions and obligations of what we are supposed to do for our children. I charge myself each day to really get to know them, the people they want to be and the people they are. There’s an open door policy in my home we can talk about anything, I may not always agree, but the door is always open. Also I pray with them daily and instruct them on how to pray, I don’t tell them what or who they should pray for, but I guide their petitions. I tell my kids I love them every day and I try to show it, even when it comes to discipline, I want them to always know it’s out of love. I hug them, as often as I can. Love as most of us know is an action, which mean you have to do something, I can show then, I can tell them and I can hug them. This has become an issue with the oldest, but I don’t care I sneak hug her as much as I can. When she moves out (prayerfully), I’ll purchase a body pillow with my face on it so that she can know I’ll always be there with a hug.
2. I realize I am more than a mom, which makes me a better mom. This requires you to have some personality. Although I love my children immensely, I love me too. I make an active effort to nurture and take care of me, mind, body, and spirit.
3. Opinions are just that, opinions. I realized you can’t make everybody happy, like you or understand you. As great as I am, I’m not everybody’s cup of tea and I’m cool with that. My sister asked me recently how I cannot care about what people think?! My response, it’s not that I don’t care, I just choose not to allow their opinion good or bad to consume who I am as a person right now or who I am becoming (we are all constantly developing). You can listen to someone agree or disagree and still be you. It’s a wonderful freeing feeling. I know who I am, my values, I won’t allow any B.S. to be planted in this soil over here.
4. I am beautiful no matter what they say (singing, which is not my talent). I look in the mirror and I like what I see. There was a time, long ago when I would be trying to alter all this cuteness, but I am truly blessed to love the reflection I see. Mentally the joy I get from my own thoughts may seem a little coo coo for cocoa cocoa puffs, but I’ have some of the best conversations from exploring my own beautiful mind. Spiritually I feel engulfed by the burning flame of my God. It’s a beautiful thing to know and love Him and know that He loves me.
5. CONFIDENCE!!! In case you didn’t get that from the other 4 things. I BELIEVE IN ME, I LOVE ME, I LIKE ME! (There is a huge difference between liking and loving yourself.) This confidence has allowed me to be genuinely happy when those around me are winning because I know that what is for them is for them and what is for me is for me and so there’s no need to fret that someone or something has stopped me or stolen things from me. I’m confident that there’s enough good energy in the universe for us all.
There you have it! I AM YOUR HOT MOM OF THE MONTH! What makes you a hot mom or a handsome dad? I’d like to know.